Friday, February 11, 2005

I cant understand why everyone cant see that I am right

I have been having protracted discussions/arguements with a number of people via email and comment sections on a variety of topics. Some of the arguements are mind-numbing. There is an endless back and forth and they still dont understand why they are so very wrong. I have been blessed(or cursed, depending ) in that I usually understand the opposing point of view and where they are coming from, even though I vehemently disagree. Unfortunately, that ability doesn't seem to be universal. I read Toby Katz on Cross currents discussing da'at Torah, and started a comment to show how and why she is mistaken, but I just didnt have the energy. And, it wouldn't have made a difference. So I am cutting back on the arguements. Not giving in, just walking away, taking R. Jeffrey Woolf's advice(excellent blog, btw, My Obiter Dicta). But just so that I have the last word, at least on my blog, let me say:

1. The risk of transmitting Herpes to babies outweighs any halachic arguement in favor of metziza bepeh

2. science is an avenue to truth, and there is truth in science

3. Da'at Torah in the way it is usually understood is a modern concept, not one that goes way way back.

I wish thatI was a drinker and a member of a kiddush club, because then I would feel that I was supporting the OU when I dont go to kiddush club this Shabbat.

Shabbat Shalom to everyone

Comments-[ comments.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter by TrafficFile.com Site Meter Add http://houseofhock.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest