Wednesday, January 12, 2005

And one more thing

The person who sent me the Yated article has read R. Slifkin's books and informs me that they are 70-80% made up of quotations of sources, such as the Tiferet Yisrael, R. Avraham ben ha-Rambam, and many others. Does the claim that this book is full of heresy imply that those quoted are themselves heretics? The more I find out about this, the more surreal and incomprehensible it gets. I feel most sorry for R. Slifkin and his family. Did the Gedolim think this through? Did they contemplate what effects this would have on someone who appears to be a frum and ehrlich yid? If he lives in a charedi area his neighbors may not talk to him. I think he has kids. Hope they are not in a chareidi school. I have studiously avoided saying anything derogatory about people who devote their life and time to clal yisrael and avodat Hashem, learning Torah day and night in a way that I dont think I ever will be able to do. But I am getting close.

Comments-[ comments.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter by TrafficFile.com Site Meter Add http://houseofhock.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest