Thursday, June 24, 2004

The Other 99%

An observation I recently heard:
In the Yeshivish/Chareidi world 99% of the masses are messed over in this world to create the 1% elite.
In the Modern Orthodox world 99% of the masses are messed over spiritually to allow for the creation of the 1% elite.

Explanation: In the Yeshiva world many people are encouraged to stay in learning so to allow the creation of the few elite Talmidei Chachamim who will become Roshei Yeshiva. Everyone else suffers and foregoes potentially lucrative education to create this elite.
The Modern Orthodox elite espouse an philosophy of studying Torah with studying philosophy and classics. Only 1% actually has the ability to do this. The other 99% watch TV and immerse themselves in popular culture & other shmootze arguing that they are "part of the world". The upshot is that they support the 1% studying advanced Torah and Madda. The downside is the spiritual corrosion among the souls of the 99%.

Comments-[ comments.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter by TrafficFile.com Site Meter Add http://houseofhock.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest